Surf City El Salvador prepares for the ISA WORLD JUNIOR SURFING CHAMPIONSHIP 2022
Surf City El Salvador is preparing for one of the most important events of the year, Surf City El Salvador ISA World Junior Surfing Championship 2022, a world-class event that this year celebrates its 18th edition and will take place from May 27th to June 5th at La Bocana of El Tunco and El Sunzal beach, La Libertad.
Do you want to know more about the preparatory phase? We tell you all the details up to today!
Welcoming federations and surfers
During these days leading up to the event, we are receiving and welcoming the first federations and surfers who are arriving in our country to compete for the title of the best junior surfer in the world.
For Surf City El Salvador ISA World Junior Surfing Championship 2022 we have a record number of participants, with a total of 45 delegations from all over the world and 423 young surfers under the age of 18.
We are delighted to welcome so much talent to the surfing paradise!
Among all the federations in the country, we can highlight some of the most powerful ones that have presented themselves with consolidated surfers within their categories:
- Fédération Française Surf (@surfingfrance), winners of the previous two editions of the ISA in El Salvador: Sup and Paddle board 2019 and World Surfing Games 2021. This year they come to see if they can be crowned champions for the third year in a row.
- Surfing Australia (@surfingaus) with Sierra Kerr and Kobi Clements, two of today’s top juniors.
- Confederaçao Brasileira de Surf (@cbsurfoficial) with its best surfers Laura Raupp, Bella Nalu, Kiany Hyakutake, Nairê Marquez, Leo Casal and Ryan Kainalo.
- Hawaii Surf Team (@hawaiisurfteam) with a very solid team of world renowned surfers such as Luke Swanson, Jackson Dorian and Pua de Soto.
- Surfing New Zealand (@surfingnz) with talents such as Finn Vette, Ava Henderson, Jack Tyro or Leia Millar.
- Panama Surf Foundation (@panamasurffoundation) with brothers Teo Gale and Kai Gale.
- Peruvian Surfing Federation (@fentasurfperu) with Catalina Zariquey as one of the favourites.
- Chilean Surfing Federation (@fechsurf)
- Venezuelan Surfing Federation (@fvsurfoficial)
- Colombian Surfing Federation (@colombiasurfing)
- Delegation of Tahiti
However, nothing is decided and everything can change during the competition. Which country will win the title?
Setting up the main stage
Simultaneously to the processes of receiving and welcoming the federations and surfers, in La Bocana of El Tunco and El Sunzal beach we are making all the preparations for the Surf City El Salvador ISA World Junior Surfing Championship 2022.
On site, work is underway to set up the main stage for this competition, a long stage following the coastline to accommodate all the surfers and their coaches, which will have different areas adapted for all the needs of the event.
Among them, we can highlight a special location to hand over the winner’s trophy to one of the 423 young surfers, who will be consolidated as the new best junior surfer in the world.
A specific area for the judges, which has to meet all standards in location, that will be placed on top of the tower so that they can clearly observe and assess the participation of the young athletes in the tournament.
In addition, a special area is being prepared for the competitors, where they will be able to prepare themselves before the hits, enjoy a massage area or consult the medical professionals.
And finally, we are also adapting all the facilities and installations around the area, both for the athletes and for the tourists who come to enjoy this event. Everything to enjoy the stay in Surf City El Salvador.
We are proud of our waves which will be the natural stadium for this world class event.
We are going to enjoy it very soon!
Are you ready? To make sure you don’t miss a single detail of the Surf City El Salvador ISA World Junior Surfing Championship 2022, follow the live coverage through our social media channels.
Follow us and join us on this adventure!